Assessing early payment performance on recent vintages for key tradelines provides a good barometer for lending conditions in the current economic climate.
Segmenting and analyzing tradelines by origination quarter (vintage) helps lenders better understand portfolio performance in historical context. Examining the portfolio in this manner helps identify trends and uncover potential reasons for changes in overall performance. At a macro level, analyzing key vintages for various product types across the U.S. helps us better answer questions such as:
- How is performance for recent vintages tracking that of other key vintages? Is it degrading or improving?
- How does this performance track with macroeconomic trends?
- Are we seeing more conservative or aggressive underwriting behavior from lenders?
- What is behind shifts in overall delinquency rates for key products?
- Will the expansion continue, or are we seeing indications that a recession is pending?
Join Amy Crews Cutts, Equifax chief economist on March 1 as we explore these questions and more.