As 2017 draws to a close, it’s a great time to assess your I-9 compliance program to make sure your organization is prepared for 2018. In the spirit of the season we will help you “count-down” some best practices to improve your I-9 management compliance:
10. Remove I-9s that have met retention requirements and adopt a system for continuous scanning and purging to help reduce your risk
9. Audit your current I-9s to identify potential problems
8. Remediate any I-9 issues
7. Develop a standard operating procedure to enforce a consistent process across the organization
6. Provide guidance for accurate, timely, and compliant completion of Section 1 and Section 2
5. Enforce physical inspection of Section 2 documents for all new hires and reverifications
4. Institute safeguards to prevent under and over-documentation violations
3. Implement an alert system to avoid late and missing I-9s
2. Stay on top of reverification deadlines
1. Adopt an electronic I-9 Management solution to streamline the entire process
Our suite of award-winning I-9 solutions uses technology and compliance expertise in a simple, easy to use platform that could help keep your organization on track. Make a resolution to ring in the New Year with confidence in your I-9 compliance.
The post Ring in the New Year with Confidence in Your I-9 Compliance appeared first on Insights.